COVID-19 INFORMATION - PLEASE READ
Please know we will be following all guidelines set forth by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, CDC, and California Department of Health and Human Services. We expect all participants to adhere to this guidance as well. Failure to do so may mean losing your chance to participate in any West Valley Eagles events.
Participation is wholly voluntary, and participants assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage, or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained as a result of participating in any West Valley Eagles events. The West Valley Eagles and its officers, employees, agents, and representatives shall not be liable for any claims, demands or causes of action based upon or arising out of any illness or injury, including death, property loss or damage caused, which may result in connection with this any West Valley Eagles events. The Valley Youth Conference and its officers, employees, agents, and representatives shall not be liable for any claims, demands or causes of action based upon or arising out of any illness or injury, including death, property loss or damage caused, which may result in connection with any West Valley Eagles events.
Boys and girls ages 5 to 18 are eligible to join the Eagles and compete in one of five divisions: Sub-Gremlin, Gremlin, Bantam, Midget, Youth, or 15-18. An athlete's age division is determined by his or her age as of December 31st of the year of the track and field season (for example, December 31, 2020 for the 2020 season).
||Years of Birth
||5 to 6
||7 to 8
||9 to 10
||11 to 12
||13 to 14
||15 to 18
||15 - 18
How to Join:
Athletes who participated in our Spring 2020 Track & Field Season (prior to the season cancellation) need not provide a Proof of Birth for the Fall 2020 Cross Country Season. Please register online through the Login link at the top right of the screen. Payment can be made online via credit/debit card. New athletes need to provide a Proof of Birth per the documents listed below.
The following documents are required to ensure your athlete has a position on the team:
- Completed Track & Field Player Contract
- Executed Code of Conduct/Medical Waiver Form
- A Photocopy of one of the following for Proof of Birth:
- Birth Certificate (Not the one from the hospital)
- Military Birth Certificate
- Foreign Birth Document or Green Card
- School Record with documented date of birth
- Court Decree
- Valid California Identification Card
2019 Registration Fee:
|Sibling Athletes in Family
||Registration with No Uniform
|Second, Third, etc.
- $150.00 Registration Fee. There is a $75.00 discount for additional siblings.
Uniforms ($50.00) are sold separately.
REFUND POLICY: During the first two (2) weeks of practice the West Valley Eagles will give a full refund, less $50.00, for any athlete who wishes to withdraw from the team. No refund will be given to any athlete who drops from the team after this time.
If paying by check, please make all checks payable to "West Valley Eagles Track Club". A $25.00 fee will be assessed for all returned checks.
The Eagles are a 501-C3 non-profit organization that relies on volunteers to get things done. Included in each athlete's registration fee is a $25 per family volunteer deposit, which you can earn back by volunteering a total of four (4) hours during the 2020 season. Otherwise, your deposit is used to help pay operating expenses and for uniforms, supplies, and equipment. There are a lot of volunteer opportunities, which our Volunteer Director, Petra Geyer, will share with you and pitching in to help is part of the Eagles experience. Once you have contributed your volunteer time, you can fill out a Funds Directive, requesting a refund or that your funds be contributed to the "Jack Dawson Scholarship" for deserving high school seniors who have run with the Eagles. If you do not complete a Funds Directive, by no later than 7 days prior the team awards to picnic, your deposit will be deemed a donation to the scholarship fund. The Treasurer will provide refunds checks at the picnic.
The required paperwork (for new athletes) is available at practice, sign-ups, or you can download and fill out the forms below and submit them, along with the proof of birth (for new athletes) and fees.
BY COMPLETING THE ONLINE REGISTRATION, YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR NAME WILL BE USED AS YOUR ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS IN EACH DOCUMENT:
- Parent/Legal Guardian Consent on the Player Contract
- Medical Clearance and Permission to Participate on the Valley Youth Conference Code of Conduct form.
- Non-use of Performance Enhancing Substances on the Valley Youth Conference Code of Conduct form.
- Register your athlete by clicking the Login button at the top right-hand corner of this screen. You will be prompted to create an account, register your athlete, and provide payment information through the Sports Signup Play website registration process. Use the "West Valley Eagles SI Play Registration 2019" document to complete online registration.
- Email copy of proof of birth to firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 5030
West Hills, CA 91307
|Bring or Fill-Out at Sign-Ups:
Registration for each athlete is complete only after all required documents are signed and fees paid.